Apply for a grant to attend the Texas Music Library Association fall meeting:
2018 TMLA Travel Grant: Call for applications
The Texas Chapter of the Music Library Association (TMLA) invites you to apply for a travel grant to attend our 2018 annual meeting, which will be at Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas on October 12-13, 2018.
This grant is open to TMLA members and library staff working at a Texas library, or students in a Texas library/information science program. Applications from outside the state of Texas will be considered provided they are accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a TMLA member who either resides in Texas or in the same state as the applicant. Applicants need not be members of TMLA at the time of application but must agree to join the chapter upon receiving the award. This award covers travel funding up to $200.
1. A letter of application which includes:
* The reasons for attending the TMLA annual meeting and why you are a good candidate for this grant.
* A justification of financial need.
* A brief budget for travel costs to attend the TMLA annual meeting. Annual meeting registration for travel grant recipients is free and need not be included in your brief budget.
* Information about any other grants, matching funds, or institutional support you may also receive to cover costs to attend the TMLA annual meeting.
2. A current vita or resume.
Deadline for the receipt of applications is July 20, 2018.
The TMLA Travel Grants Committee will notify applicants by August 10, 2018 and announced on TMLA-L and MLA-L immediately thereafter.
Thank you and we look forward to having a difficult time choosing from outstanding applications!